30 August 2007

Outside my window...

It is starting to rain.

The trees are in chorus with the wind to bring a conversation of hope to a dry and wanting earth and soul.
It brings an alertness to my skin as the shirtsleeves are inadequate to keep out the chill, but it is a welcomed message.

The dance begins as the manzanita moves with the oak and cedars in a rhythm that hasn't been heard in too long.
Leaves cling tightly until their release to give back to the soil from which they were nourished. They lived lives of collection of rays I took for granted.

Tiny droplets bring their song in harmony with the voice of the wind on my corrugated roof.
The earth releases its fragrance as the rain lies down to soothe the dusty path. Dry beds awake with a trickle as we anticipate the roar to come.

Hope arrived, dreams unpack, anticipation of the bow of many colors...

7 comments:

Laura Cosby said...

The damp wind blows through the Abarnment. Ryland wears socks for the first time. A perfect day up here at CC.

James said...

I really like this post, Tony. This morning I've been working with some ebony and master grade koa to make a cabinet for a guitar amp I finished a month ago. My bench is out on the padio surrounded by hydrangeas, roses, and star jasmine. It's not the forest, but the smells hanging around in the rain air, along with the cold, really get me get me tuned back up, too.

Deadmanshonda said...

mmmmm.......



And it's 316 degrees here in L.A.....

Eric said...

perfection

Annie said...

fantastic.

e lemme said...

Where is all your poetry you've been hiding from us? :)

Zellman said...

I really like that picture. I'm going to miss that wall... and that swing... and the rest of it... Guess I'll have to come back and continue my streak of going on that swing every summer since it was built.