10 June 2005

I have been a foolish man...

...to think that I could change the church, to bring it to a new understanding of the grace, mercy, love, peace, power, redemption, healing, communication... of God. I thought that once they heard this and experienced it, they would understand it. I was wrong to think I could change an institution.

So, I have decided to ignite the Body of Christ. My focus is not on the institution but on the lives of people that He brings to me. I need to be a man of integrity to be available to the ones He is directing instead of the pipe dream I have been having. Change cannot be done by defining worship services but in directing people to Him. He says, "Come and follow me, and I WILL MAKE YOU..." So my place is to directed them to Him to "make us..." I have been doing this all wrong, I have been trying to MAKE THEM.

And I pray that if that is not the way for me to go He will take me out of here.

No comments: