29 December 2005

In SoCal - Irvine to be precise...

I am not a fan of Southern California. I was a Dodger and a Ram fan for many years, but today I cannot stand driving in SoCal. I don't hate the people, just the traffic. I know cars don't cause congestion, people do. But it is not against the humanity of SoCal but against the traffic. It robs from the beauty... even though I have more time to look at it because my car is not moving. I never get stuck in a beautiful area, only the ugly part.

I don't like Disneyland either. (I know I just pissed off a few of you...) But I can't handle the crowds. Sure the rides are fun, but the ratio of line to ride is too high to enjoy. My family loves DL and goes without me. My daughter Hillary said she would take me when she is out of college and we could go on a weekday when there is mandatory testing of all school children.

I don't like the beaches in SoCal either. I went one time to Malibu or somewhere like that and I had a hard time keeping from sinning. I prefer the Central Coast... Avila.

I prefer seeing movies in the Met Cinema in Oakhurst versus any other theater, and I go in the afternoon. Less people. People in movies today are rude, someday I want to write about the rudeness of this culture. Soon...

6 comments:

DAVE DACK said...

I was in a theater the other day when someone answered their phone during the movie. I wanted to smash their phone, but I didn't.

Juana said...

i love the met cinema!

Dakota House said...

Southern California seems like a place where garbage gathers. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Or maybe...it isn't. I don't like Disneyland either. Amusement parks. People go there and demand to be amused. I don't know. Sometimes I wish I didn't think about stuff so much. Because Disneyland is probably a lot of fun.

Janice said...

I go to Disneyland for the lines...

I love the lines in Disneyland if I am there with friends. Hours and hours of conversation...the rides become the added perk and not the main venue.

Janice said...

Oh, and Jamie good thought about Amusement parks. "People go there and demand to be amused"...it reminded me a lot of how people approach church. I have a problem with that approach to church, but not Disneyland...perhaps I need to take some more time to think.

Cosby said...

559.683.1234

try it if you havent