13 April 2006

My past few weekends as a woman...

I don't know if you know this about me but I love to go to women's conferences. Christel (my wife) and I have been leading worship for the one at Calvin Crest for the past 13 years. We have been invited a couple of times to Jackson Hole Wyoming to lead worship for their women's conferences as well. It was a great gig.

Last weekend, I was invited (or did I intrude) by my friend, Sheri Wiedenhoefer, to sit in on a conference with a group of women and discuss sexuality and spirituality. I left with my head spinning and my heart broken. I am formulating what happened during that weekend that is shaping a deeper view of what my action plan is and how we use the camp facility to bring about some awareness, strategy, change, catalyst, sanctuary, and conversation in the year to come.

I am more convinced that the conversation needs to reach a depth of intimacy to bring about Kingdom behavior. Deep calls out to Deep. We cannot just keep talking about curtailing behavior we need to go below into the heart, the questions, the fears, the need.

Thank you Sheri for allowing me in to such an intimate place of trust and honor...

No comments: