16 January 2006

Objectivity...

Sometimes I wonder if I can ever think objectively again. I got an email from a friend who was asking some questions and I reacted with defensiveness and arrogance. I feel like sometimes I am trying too hard to keep something going and fighting to keep it that maybe I am no longer objective and outside of what The Creator is doing. I know I am in the center of decisions and some of those decision have hurt some people I really care about. My schedule is sometimes hard on my family and it doesn't bode well for friends.

I begin my travels around California this week to Napa on Wednesday, Modesto on Thursday, and Pacific Grove on Friday. Speaking at Mount Hermon for a men's conference ("men don't retreat") Friday through Sunday and then to Azusa on Monday morning and Irvine Monday night, Point Loma on Tuesday, Westmont on Wednesday and CalPoly San Luis Obispo on Thursday. This will give me a great time of prayer while I drive and listen, and have good conversation with some great people applying for staff.

You are probably asking why I scheduled a Speaking engagement during this season? I dunno just happy that someone would ask.

4 comments:

Grant said...

Hey Tony! Hope that all is going well with you. Hope to talk with you about the summer sometime when your schedule settles down a bit!

Kari said...

Forget Around the World in 80 days, how about Around California in 8 days! By the time your done you will probably be able to draw Starbucks coffee out of your viens! I hope your time is good.

TonyB said...

Is it the caffeine or does all Starbucks look very similar. I forget which one I am in...

Janice said...

I will be praying that you have some amazing times during your interviews. I'll be honest, I am a little jealous of all of the great conversations you will have with some of my favorite people. But I don't envy your travel schedule.

I look forward to spending some time with you in Spokane. See you in February.

Get some rest if you can.