13 September 2004

new faces, new hearts...

I have been involved in some weddings this past month and have another this coming weekend. (This is the season, at 50 years old, that you go to weddings of the children of peers and funerals of the parents of peers.)

At Jeff and Krista Crotty's wedding this weekend up in Spokane, Washington, I met a number of new people with whom I fell in love. Bob Crotty the father of the groom and I started a wonderful friendship that began 5 minutes after we met. Eye to eye there was a wonderful respect and appreciation for the other's life and heart. I look forward to more conversations and stories from his life.

Another person I was very impressed with was a woman named Rachel, who was an entrepreneur and hard worker. When she shared what she was working on her eyes lit up, voice and face got animated and her thought process intrigued me. She will be doing big things soon.

Next weekend is my friends' Sean and Julie's wedding so I must get ordained before I go so I can officiate the ceremony and make it legal.

No comments: