17 September 2004

Wedding in Bakersfield.

I am in the hotel room tonight preparing for Sean and Julie's wedding tomorrow. I was going to get a $35 ordination card so I could do the whole thing. I did not like that idea as much as I thought. There was something wrong with it. Sure it is legal and it was not going to cause any problems. The thing is there is something about being ordained that I cherish too much. I don't want to be legally ordained, I believe that I will be and may already be spiritually. I am hoping some day a church or organization will recognize it for the call that is already on my life. I probably don't make any sense, but it felt wrong for me.

I am in charge of the whole service tomorrow. I am reading the order of worship and the litany and am going to rewrite it to be more relevant to the day and to the couple. Hope I don't get tomatoed...

No comments: