08 November 2004

Coming late to the party...

As I said a few blogs back, we had dinner with Dan and Suzanne Kimball one night and we started talking about Stevie Ray Vaughan. I told Dan that I had heard of SRV but never heard his music. Dan looked at me like I had never tasted chocolate and that he gets to introduce me to a fine experience.

He gave me some Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble CDs and I have been playing it for the past few days with much enjoyment. I shouldn't say enjoyment because it is more than that. It got into my DNA, my soul, my rhythmn, my heart beats in time, my face scrunches up and eyes close. Some may call that a demonic possession but I don't think so.

I stopped listening to music during the 80s. A little Micheal Jackson but not much else. I hated the music. A lot of disco and polyester sounds. That is when I started reading Clancy novels. Oh if I only knew about Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble I would probably been a lot cooler and happier.


Thanks Dan for inviting me to the party...

No comments: