30 May 2005

The countdown continues...

We are in the final week before the summer begins.

Many things are going through my head and heart right now. I am anxious for all the logistics of things that have to be done before we greet our guests. I am already missing some people who did not apply but who are spending the summer elsewhere, like Prague and other European cities. I am sadden by some who did not apply and are not doing well bringing their faith to the surface of their lives. I am excited to see the changes in the people who will not be with us because the Lord has something else for them. (I always love those stories.) I am anticipating new friendships and people who will change my worldview and make the Kingdom bigger in it. I have hope about the broken lives that will be coming and praying we are equipped to love them enough to participate in some of the healing that needs to be done. I am concerned that I will not spend all of my life at camp but be able to focus on my family and friends. I tend to get in so deep to the summer that I spend it all on the staff and not my family. I pray this will be a different summer.

I think I will listen to some Rich Mullins. He always tends to bring me back to what is important. Right Ben?

Peace...

No comments: