18 May 2005

I feel a bit sharper...

I had a great day today. I started the morning off at 6:30a with "A Perfect World with Scott Falk". That is always a sharpening experience. Great conversation, an idea for summer and good theology. A great friend.

Then I traveled to Reedley to meet with some of the staff of the West Coast Mennonite Central Committee. I met with Nathan who gave me a tour and an education in Relief. I was greatly impacted. It will show itself in the summer. I then met with one of my favorite people, Sheri Wiedenhoefer, the most radical person I know. I want to be like her when I grow up. She gave me a tour of the Kings County ministries she is doing and a great ride in her hybred Toyota. Then a great conversation over lunch at Uncle Harry's Armenian Restaurant in Reedley. We will be writing a grant together for some new summer programs with at risk youth from her area. It is like hanging out with a saint.

Then on back to Fresno to meet with my friend and mentor Greg Ehlert. I am vicariously taking classes through him at the MB Seminary in Fresno. I always learn a lot through our conversations. He reads the books and tells me what he learned. Great to learn great stuff even if I have a reading disability.

Then back up to Oakhurst and a great time of coffee and conversation with Hunter at the Grind.

It is 7:30ish pm and I am heading home. Just wanted to blog a bit and read some emails.

I am blessed with the family and friends that I have...

No comments: