29 November 2005

Time for the Holidays...

I like the term "holiday". Holy day. Days set apart for God. Remembering, engaging, conversations with the Reason. Setting a day aside, which makes it holy, to meditate, celebrate the reason for the day. The birth, the crucifixion, the resurrection, birthdays, remembering those who gave their lives in battle, in leadership, in labor...

When I was in school it was "vacation" that I liked. It was when there wasn't school. Summer vacation. Christmas vacation. Easter vacation. Forgetting, disengaging, playing with friends, and riding my bike. The days of holidays were days when there wasn't something like school. Sure we went to church, but it was only an hour then we would be able to enjoy the rest of the vacation (the not being in school). It was a good times vacation not a remembering day.

I am looking forward to making time for the holidays...

No comments: