06 February 2006

Further thinking...

I don't find obsolescence to be the same as useless. An 8 Track tape player is obsolete but not useless. I have an understanding of what I am and I know that I am not useless. But I need to continuely finding my usefulness in the Kingdom on a regular basis. I believe in knowing that there are shelf lives to everything we own. Nothing is eternal everything wears out. My Levi's seem to wear out quicker today than they did in the sixties. (At my age patches are not cool.)

It is naive to think that just because something was effective last year would be just as effective this year. The second law of thermaldynamics is "in all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves the system, the potential energy of the state will always be less than that of the initial state." Entropy. It begins to break down.

There is something that I am working on and I am not sure what will come of it but I am thinking of the relationship of the physical truth to the spiritual truth. Is there a spiritual second law of thermaldynamics? How has the "laws" of education, affected our spiritual lives. Are there spiritual modalities just as there are learning modalities. Is it good that we dismiss intuitiveness for rational and empirical logic? What is the spiritual implications in this. What if the Catholics are right when they discuss Mary's place in the Kingdom. We dismiss it entirely and throw out Mary's blessedness with the coredemptrix bathwater. The only place held by Mary in the Protestant tradition is usually by a young adolescent girl in a Christmas pageant. By dismissing the transsubstanciation of the blood and flesh of Christ have we inadvertantly removed the very presence of Christ in whenever two or more are gathered in His name? And what have we done to His name? The blessed name.

The Muslims are very upset about cartoons that are derogatory toward Muhammad. I don't blame them. Is our sacred right for free speech more important than the Holiness of a Prophet? By dismissing holiness in the name of mediocrity have we devenerated all saints thus minimizing the sacredness of life of the common.

Just thinking...

4 comments:

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nick said...

A song writer by the name of Rich Mullins said something along the lines of this:

Maybe it is not that Catholics revere Mary too much, maybe it is that we do not revere each other enough.

I like that.

God bless your journey Tony!

Dakota House said...

What?! 8 tracks are obsolete?

I hear you paisan but remember you are LOVED more than you are NEEDED. Rest in that sometimes. It is good.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!