21 May 2006

Cover albums...

I was having lunch with a friend at a local restaurant, when I found myself getting agitated. I couldn't figure out what was agitating me. It was a great conversation with a good friend, telling good stories about good things. No reason to be upset. But I was. Then it hit me... The music. What is it that I am listening to?

Rod Stewart singing the ballads. Rod Stewart the rocker is singing Frank Sinatra songs. Nothing wrong with the songs, nothing wrong with Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett or even Michael Bublé. But Rod Stewart who use to sing pretty intense rock songs is now singing respectable popular songs.

I was wondering, if Keith Green or Rich Mullins were still alive today, what would they be singing...

1 comment:

Simon said...

What if Carmen was here?