02 June 2006

And it begins again...

Well, I find myself again (14 times) with the summer staff's arrival tomorrow. I have been meeting with the summer leadership since Wednesday and we have been having some great discussions.

We feel like things need to change from last summer and call people to walk worthy, without walking in legalism. We are called not to a community but we are a community, and it will be interesting to see what kind of community we become. Will it be about us, again, or will we be a community where others are brought in to be a part of the love of Jesus Christ?

One of the complaints about us, is that the feelings from the guests is that it is more about us than about them. Number one priority will be to address this and watch for this. I pray that the breath of God would fill us with love, strength, endurance, peace, and discernment as we enter into a new season of service...

4 comments:

TonyB said...

SUDOKU skills... what is that? Is that when you sit around the grill and a sudoku chef cooks right in front of you?

We miss you being on staff.

TonyB said...

Sam, Your being on staff blessed my life...

Elizabeth said...

Blessings on camp this summer. Working at camp was formational to my faith and my call. It truly was a blessing that I was able to work in those lovely mountains those three summers. May Calvin Crest continue to be a blessing to all who drive those 7 miles off freeway 41.

Annie said...

I've found myself thinking about camp a lot lately. My soul is aching to be on that mountain, to gaze at Fresno Dome, to walk with children, to breathe the clean air... to soak in the Spirit's undeniable presence... I echo Tracy's sentiments. My prayers are with you and the staff as you journey through this summer and listen to His voice. Blessings friend, know that I miss you and I hope to see you when I visit in a month or so. I also echo Sam... staff changed my life. Loves (as Annie Falk would say)... ;)