14 May 2008

Since we're neighbors let's be friends...

It is clear that I am not communicating well. I am not against Denoms, I am calling for a deep, soulful, prayerful, look at what we are gathering together to do. What are the possibilities that can take place with a group of people who follow after Christ, believe in some of the same things, are in close proximity to each other, and have a building and means, to meet the needs of the people in the parishes around them? If we partnered with some other like-spirit groups, what could happen?

If you want to talk more about this, let's go out for a coffee and talk some more. I think I have typed enough...

3 comments:

Steve & Jamie Hart said...

tony,

i think you communicate great... as one who is outside the denom setting trying by grace to do just what you are saying ("what are the possibilities...") it makes perfect sense!

it isn't easy or by any means perfected but it is beautiful and fun and we are constantly being humbled by the God of unending grace.

I remember a wise man 10 years ago saying to me about denoms: "There comes a time - like Lot leaving Sodom - when you just have to run and not look back."

TonyB said...

Good to hear from you Steve. Wish we could share a time at the Elk...

Geoff said...

or maybe at a huckleberrys?