16 May 2008

Thoughts...

We are only here for a moment.
Times remembered, dreams hoped for.
Apples eaten, seeds planted for first fruit only the grandchildren to taste.
This is not the end, but we are a long way from the beginning.
All I have is today, so that tomorrow will be available for them.

New friends come, time enjoyed,
old friends leave, heart grown.
All we have is memories
for first fruits for the next.
_____



Stained shirts last longer than the taste,
smells linger, when lights turned off.
Darkness brings a light that endures,
the flash of time, all that love secures.
_____



The wave comes to the shore,
a new one forms farther out.
The ride diminishes,
the strength further pales.
_____



You have filled my life,
it cannot be taken.
My memories stirred,
my love not shaken.

I miss you my friend,
I knew it would change.
My life you have influenced,
my heart rearranged.

The phone does not do it,
an email leaves only a trace.
I miss the coffee,
I miss the embrace.

Travel well,
You left it strong.
The distance is annual,
the next memory, prolonged.
_____

1 comment:

Crotty said...

I'm reaching back a few posts ... I just read how you're planning to do the speaking this year ... I'd love to be in on that! I think it's what we've been trying to do a lot of this year with our senior high program.

Tough and good.