30 August 2003

"I don't think that means what you think it means..."

That line from the Princess Bride keeps coming to mind as I live life in the 2000s. I am either having a midlife crisis or a paradigm shift of unbelievable proportions. It isn't that I changed my mind or my faith isn't good, I am just not as quick to follow the old thinking anymore. I want to listen more and consider what others would say, especially those I tend to disagree with. I am not drawn to the political left, it is the silent ones I am interested in now. The overlooked. The stories of my mom instead of the pastor. Blogs instead of commentaries. Especially the ones who are listening to Jesus and not the mainstream Christian published magazines. New conversations with tourist, instead of the regulars at the cafe. The food at a family owned taqueria, instead of Taco Bell.

Camps need to bring out the stories of campers, not download the Roman road. Get them thinking instead of just responding with a pinecone. Stop the your going to hell if you reject Him and begin the He wants to know you and the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Listening to stories instead of just giving seminars.

My wife is up and busy, I need to help her with the dishes. See ya

No comments: