18 August 2003

Moving from denominations...

I spent last week with Rudy Carrasco, as he spoke at my camp to high school students. He started introducing me, via email, to his friends. Different ones wrote and told me, "Rudy wanted me to write to introduce myself to you." If you are reading this it is probably because of Rudy.

It was eventful.

This camp is owned by the presbytery of the San Joaquin Valley, which some on the churches within it are experience a major decline in numbers (except for the "First" churches). The denomination is rapidly shrinking. The church or body of Christ is not.

In the past week, in my experience it has gotten bigger. I believe a part of the new wave of the Spirit is to break down denoms and open up relationships.

Either that or we will all be Rudyians.

No comments: