01 November 2003

In the past three months, I have been doing a lot of traveling, planning, budgeting, meeting, thinking and praying. I haven't been blogging. I will begin anew.

I have been dealing with a bit of depression which seemed to hold me down. I am agressively dealing with that with my doctor's help, much prayer, and conversations with good friends.

I felt the Lord calling me a few weeks ago to start studying the book of Haggai - short and sweet but full of instructions. It is about rebuilding the church. "Give careful thought to your ways..." "Go to the mountains for wood..." The instructions for us today is very relevant. We are too busy building our homes and lives that we have let the home of the Lord (and I am not talking about a church building!) decay. No life, spiritless, ichabod.

Then on CBS Sunday Morning, I saw a brief segment on a man named Samuel "Sambo" Mockbee, an archetect and professor at Auburn University. He took his students to the Rural areas of Alabama, Hale County, where they design and build homes for the poor using available materials. Tires, carpet squares, windshields, traffic signs, etc.

The web site for Rural Studio is http://www.ruralstudio.com/ Check it out.

The tie here is that I rely on Home Depot and Lowes for my supplies and God is calling us to look around and He will supply. We need to be creative and entrepreneurial.

I have been charged up by this.

No comments: