02 March 2004

One more thing...

I was accused of not being serious. I can’t be serious anymore because if I did I would be talking about… the lack of direction of the church both new and old, too much talk and not enough repentance, too much talk and not enough listening, too much worry about style and not enough substance, too much comfort and not enough risk, laziness and intellectualism, Monday morning quarterbacks who never get dirty, too much domain and no Kingdom come, covering our butts instead of asking for forgiveness and understanding, Words, Theories, classroom and debt, male ineptness, abortion, slavery, responsibility with authority, defense, work, vision, spiritual discernment, depression, the marginalization of women by women, baldness, cussing, raising and discipling children, quitting, talking in movies, being over-weight, Levi Strauss, love, Bible Stores, hitch hiking, Christian paraphernalia, the beloved Mary mother of Christ, the sacred blood of Jesus, saints and martyrs, lovers and newly weds, Haiti, Detroit, Lamona Avenue in Fresno… know what I mean…

So I would rather try to laugh and think quietly about those other things. If you want to talk about those things, take me out to coffee, I like a sugar-free vanilla, breve latte. (and I bet I get more response on my choice of drink than I do about what is going on in my head.)

No comments: