26 March 2004

"Take responsibility..."

I was driving up to camp on Monday of this week and there is a certain part of the road that serpentine it way up the mountain where I usually turn off the radio/cd/tape/iPod and just pray for the next 10 minutes of driving. I was thinking about the sign that I just passed that needs a new arrow to direct people correctly to camp. Then, very clearly I hear "Take responsibility..." I say "responsibility for what?" Again, "Take responsibility..." I respond again, "for what, the sign. Yeah I need to tell those guys who told me about the sign to be responsible and fix it themselves!" Again, "Take responsibility..." Then I think about God speaking to Isaiah, "Who shall I send?" "Isaiah's response, "Send Me"

"Ok, Lord, I will take responsibility." I did not know for what I was taking responsibility. I would soon find out.

Next thing I know, I am sitting in a worship meeting volunteering to help lead our night time service until camp starts. I will lead for a month with the leader who is doing it now and she will be aware of the Spirit's leading and watch me. After the service we will debrief what happened and did she sense the leading in the same direction that I did or what did she sense. Next month she will sense the Spirit's leading and interject what she is sensing with me as I lead. With a debrief afterwards. The last month she will lead and I will accompany on piano.

I think that was what the Spirit was saying to me about taking responsibility and quit complaining, "If I was leading,..."

No comments: