27 January 2005

Home for a brief time...

I put almost a thousand miles on the car this week, about 500 last week and next week I head off to Boulder, CO, Seattle and Spokane, WA for 8 days. That will just about wrap up my interviews with students applying to be on staff this summer.

I don't do CAMP FAIR type events to RECRUIT for staff. I have found in the past 13 years or so of doing this that the best person to find is someone who heard from someone who was on staff who knows what we do and loved it. When I have gone to camp fairs before, we all just line up our tables and people come by and comparison shop. That just brings people by who are looking for a job, most of the times, and not someone who is interest in what we do.

We have about 110 apps for 80 positions and for the most part we will not have too difficult time filling them. We are always looking for strong men to be Lead Counselors for our HighSchool, JuniorHigh, FamilyCamp program. Let me know if you know anyone who is interested.

I don't even want to talk about Teddy Kennedy or Barbara Boxer...

No comments: