20 January 2005

On the road...

I am out recruiting and interviewing for the summer staff positions. I love this time of year. I get to sit and talk for a half an hour to over 100 people. I was in Pacific Grove yesterday, Modesto today and tonight I drove to Sacramento.

Incredible people.

To take a side road...
Let's quit talking about the church as "those guys" but instead let's use the Body of Christ. Would that make any difference? I wonder if we stop looking at it as an institution and more as the incarnate manifestation of the Spirit of Christ and spend more of our time listening and obeying. What if pastors started to pastor which means to lead instead facilitate. I don't say this to criticize my dear brothers and sisters of the clothe, but instead of relying on your education as the mark of anointing, we rely on the direction of the Spirit. The Spirit may use something you read or something someone said, but instead we listen and move in faith only where He leads.

What if we spent more time smelling the coffee before we drink it?

It is late and I am in a hotel lobby typing up this blog. And someone is looking over my shoulder...

Peace.

No comments: