07 February 2005

At Whitworth...

I was extremely sick Sunday with stomach cramps and headaches, slept through most of the day and miss most of the SuperBowl, and wasn't able to go to Steve Hart's church, to which I am disappointed.

I got to the Whitworth campus this morning at 8:00a to meet with Jerry Sittser, a professor in the Religion department. I needed this conversation, he cleaned out the rocks and soil that are covering the seedling of vision. I felt the light again and this conversation and counsel was extremely helpful and encouraging to continue to that which I feel called.

I had lunch with Terry McGonigal and was again encouraged to continue the course. He told me of a tragic and sad event in one of the churches up here which made me spiritually ill.

I got hugs from Keith Beebe, Dotty Mohrlang and Dick Mandeville. I don't mean to be a name dropper, but to remind those who attended Whitworth how many wonderful people there are here.

I know I have been pretty negative in the past about the institution of the faith and those in charge, but I don't separate myself from those I am talking to. I know that I have been coasting and resting in the structure and getting a paycheck instead of the rewards of the Kingdom to come. At the end of this trip I want to begin a new experiment in fellowship and gathering that will put my "money where my mouth is"... instead of just my foot.

I don't say this enough but I am surrounded with heros of the faith...

No comments: