05 March 2005

The selection process is over...

Well, we spent three days processing the names of people that applied to Calvin Crest for a position to be on staff.

Very tough.

I was very impressed with the heart of the coordinators, Rachel Graff, Geoff White, Claire Thames, Shannon Roark, Sarah Lowe, Lily Nichols, Ben Fife, Craig Shigyo, Cory Pina, and Hunter Teets (who was out of the country in Central America). I was extremely impressed by them seeking His heart and will as they put together their teams, waking early to pray and seek Him trusting that He had someone when a position was yet to be filled.

I was extremely blessed to have Lyndsay Pina as a assistant who kept me up to the minute on what was going on and organizing all the apps.

I am very fortunate to be serving with wonderful people. I am saddened by those who will not be serving Christ at Calvin Crest but I am confident, as I have been doing this long enough to know, that He has a plan for each of these people if they will continue to seek and trust Him this summer.

I know some people are hurt and questioning why they were not selected. I cannot over emphasize that the coords sought out Him to put together their teams and trust Him for each person involved. That doesn't satisfy the disappointment and for that I wish there was something else to be done.

No comments: