14 October 2005

I just like to hear myself type...

To anyone who reads this...

I am an insignificant scum who really doesn't deserve any of the attention that I get. I like to blog because it makes me think. I don't think I am insignificant because I am no good, I am just aware of how many other wonderful people there are out there who are risking their lives, working hard, going unnoticed, and making a real difference in the world. I am humbled by the job that I have, by the people who care about me and would want to hear something I have to say. But please don't take anything I have to say as something that should make a difference in your life. If you are trying to follow the path that the Lord has laid out for you then I should not have any influence on you unless you grant me access to your heart. If you do grant me access, I will try to keep your trust by listening to the Lord WITH you, not for you.

I am sorry that my humor, my writing style, my trying to play with words would cause anyone any pain or conflict. To those whom I have please accept my apology...

2 comments:

Dakota House said...

This is all very interesting...this blog phenomenon we now have. Sometimes I think about my grandparents, and what their lives were like and how they filled their days when they were our age. I try to imagine myself attempting to explain 'blogging' to them. It makes me laugh outloud.

'You think you want to know something, and then once you do, all you can think about is erasing it from your mind. From now on when people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I planned to say, Amnesiac.'
--Sue Monk Kidd
The Secret Life of Bees

Anonymous said...

That is one of the greatest books I have ever read!! Honestly, that book is a good read!

Tony, I really enjoy reading your thoughts. Thank you so much for showing me love and compassion. Tony, I cry when I tell people how amazing you are. I know you go through your hard times and weak times and dry times...but Tony, when someone needs to talk to you, you have been. Thank you so much Tony, honestly! From the bottom of my heart!