11 October 2005

The wind in my hair...

Last night at about 8p, I drove home after "work" on my motorcycle. The moon was so bright, even though it was less than half full (or for some of my critics, half empty). The air was a bit brisk with the smell of autumn. I had a little music playing in the head set that was calling me to the "Danger Zone."

I had a huge smile on my face, which caught a lot of bugs, as I remembered my evening. I had spent the previous hour or so in the Cedar Lodge at The Premier, watching a video that the "Staff Kids" wrote, acted, and shot on the story of Robin Hood. A lot of the year-round staff was there to encouraged the kids on their show. But the entertainment surprised all of us. It was clever and well done. Sure, it had the usual kind of dialogue and shots that kid movies have but this was fun. We laughed deeply. The soundtrack held the suspense and the out-takes at the end capped it off with a lasting grin. I needed that, it was good for the soul.

TJ, the Kelseys, Sam and Scott, the Rose boys, and Josh did an outstanding job. I will not be surprised to be attending a premier of one of these talented young Spielbergs in Hollywood in the future. I will be able to say, "I knew them when..."

Thank you and well done.

4 comments:

Juana said...

wow! sounds like fun, wish i could have seen it, any way i can get a copy of this wonderful movie?

Cory PiƱa said...

I think it already is, Bill. They were rendering it to DVD last night. Ruben would know.

TonyB said...

Here you guys take a special moment, digitize it, duplicate it, market it, distribution centers set up, attorneys hired, royalties discussed, squabbles begin, E! Channel does a documentary on where are they today...

The madness, oh the madness...

TonyB said...

Timbo, You are the one who gave life to this event... well done.