01 February 2007

Orthopraxy...

In the past week, I have come across this word more than a few times. Key places... a conversation with Jonathan C-H, an article regarding Clarence Jordan, a conversation with a man on the airplane, and in a fortune cookie. (I made up the last one, but what would happen if it really did happen? Dude!)

I love that word, mainly because it is what I think I think it is what I am thinking about more these days than Orthodoxy. Many stop at orthodoxy and never get to orthopraxy. Not that there is anything wrong with orthodoxy, but shouldn't we know one's orthodoxy by one's orthopraxy?

I just bought a mattress that was orthopedic.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Call it what you will. Just as long as they keep having yearly festivals with baklava, dancing and cake walks.

Deadmanshonda said...

I could ue an orthodontist?

Anonymous said...

That word has popped into my small world several times this last week too. Most recently HERE