04 May 2004

Programming...

I have been working at Calvin Crest now for about 13 summers and there have been many frustrations and battles. I tried to keep my head and heart in the game. Watching God design and plan and carry out incredible summers of power, love, grace, and mercy. I watched the Spirit of Christ move in the lives of many, both camper and staff. I had to discipline, correct, and release some precious people of their responsibilities.

Last year I was told I was depressed. Got medication, felt doped up and felt like I was walking through jello in zorries and a toga. God did an incredible work a month or so back and brought back hope to me. It was incredible. That what I had seen in others was being done in me.

The programmer got to benefit from someone else's program. This doesn't happen enough. We listen for His word and watch for His work so that those who would come would be transformed, but do we get to be touched by His hand?

"It is not about me..." The song goes, but it needs to be about Him touching and transforming us as we are about to participate in the transformation of those He would bring up to us this summer.

I cannot enter this summer without hope. As we are going through some intense issues He is bringing me a deep touch of peace and power. Two months ago I didn't think I had it in me. Now I am getting very excited for what He is going to do. Some of the changes I have been thinking about have been confirmed by phone calls and emails from people.

I needed a little touch of the Spirit of Christ through a friend last night to be set free from some bondage. I was praying against something that I thought was harassing someone else then I realized it was and has been harassing me. We prayed and got released.

Sometimes we bring a spiritual program we are unaware of. The programs that set people free sometimes inflict damage on us - the programmers. We need to understand that just because we have seen campers set free and experience God's power doesn't mean that we are experiencing the same thing in our lives. We need to let our brothers and sisters in Christ, minister to us, pray for us. Program an experience of truth and light - for us, the programmers.

Peace

No comments: