31 May 2004

Remembering and planning...

This past weekend Calvin Crest celebrated its 50th anniversary of service. It was an incredible event for many, hard work for the staff, and a unique time for me.

I am planning for the summer, coordinators arrive this Wednesday, Staff comes on Saturday and the guests come in a week from next Sunday. This put me in the middle of the past and the future with anxiety, fear, excitement, sadness, appreciation, fondness, and many other feelings.

Appreciating the people who decided it was a needed thing for a presbytery to own its own camp, go out and look for the property, have the faith to purchase when some are calling it "folly", dreamers who design something very unique, those who take it from the ground to new buildings and roads, etc... I was humbled. Some were there, many passed on to the cabins prepared for them by the Savior, and a few of the recent and present staffs were there. Some very old and dear friends who help me cut my spiritual teeth and develop a budding theology were there to share stories of laughter, tears, and awe. I wish there were more people from recent years to share what is going on now but it takes time to look back.

I pray I will leave something that is eternal in the lives and spirits of those who come this summer and the next...

No comments: