08 June 2004

The fresh, the food, and the enemy...

There is a sense of inpending change. I don't want to say disaster because it would be speaking something out there. I would rather be aware of the presence of God than the presence of the enemy. He is shaking some up. A staff member trusted Jesus with her life yesterday. You may say aren't all of your staff christians? and I would say back to you no many are churched and a few know Him. For years we have hire churched people. This year we are sensing God bringing people who want to know Him. It is wonderful to be with these people who are laying down habits that have held them for years. They are not becoming christians they are beginning a relationship with God. I don't know what a christian is anymore than I know what a democrat is. But I can spot a follower, a disciple anywhere. I like being with them, there questions are different. There eyes see for the first time. Like the guy in the gospels who see people as trees. Many of us don't even see people as people. I like these people, they are hungery. They are stepping on new floors, will it hold, will I fall, is it real, is the old thing past away?

The food is delightful. We are carrying a recent tradition with Sean and now with Bink. I do miss Sean, but I like having Bink here.

I sensed the enemy looking for a place to enter. Division, destruction, hopelessness, pride, fear, failure, distraction... It takes its toll. But I sense God even stronger. Love, discernment, hope, forgiveness, healing, mercy, rest...

The teams are great. Some strong returning staff, some young bright people, old walkers, new crawlers. Great diversity. I love this. Hard but I love this.

No comments: