05 June 2004

The life of the community...

I sensed tonights first meeting of staff as a field of wheat moving with the wind. Swaying by the breath of God. It doesn't make sense until they shared a brief story. 80 gathered each with their unique place, a short story... name, how many years on staff, where they're from, and to what are they looking forward? And for a brief moment we saw and heard something, a scratching of the surface, the opening of a door... a bit of their soul. Anxious for these ten weeks. What will it bring? Who will I be?

It was totally different than the interviews, tonight they are chosen, ready. I like them. I can be vulnerable with them. They want to trust me. I need to earn their trust. Watch my patiences, guard my ego, show and release my heart. This is the staff God chose to do His will, the field from where the fruit will come. Its own flavor, different, distinctive.

A new community, same heart... His.

No comments: