06 June 2004

Two things...

I haven't talked much about my wife, she is incredible. An important part of the community at Calvin Crest is its choir. Everyone on Summer Staff is in it. It is the one place that an operation guy can be next to a program guy and feel equal. It is about the staff not teams. It has nothing to do with someone being on staff longer than someone else... we are one.

And a good portion of the success, if not all of it, is my wife, Christel. She is able to teach all of the people and many have not been in a choir before and have never sung. And most important, they enjoy themselves. She is able to get them to be in worship as they sing these songs. I am always impressed with her.

Second, we had a person quit tonight. That was very difficult, not because we have to go out and find someone, but I was looking forward to watching her do a great job and trusting God and be a part of a wonderful team. We made some changes but I am extremely sad to see her go. Sometimes the season is a short one. This was 24 hours.

No comments: