16 June 2004

a haiku, a thought, and a song... (UPDATE)

cuckoo--
is this rain falling
only on me?


Kobayashi Issa

I have a sense of change, but not of location.
Of duty, but not of jobs.
Of thinking, but not of education.
Of acting, but not of roles.
Of relationship, but not of people.
Of time, but not of today.

This is a peculiar time. I have never felt such restlessness. I am not bored but I know something new is coming. Coming around a corner. I can sense the presence but do not see it yet. Good opportunities have come, but it is not where I am suppose to be. I am suppose to be here. A part of the new thing. I was part of the old new thing. Now I feel like I am too old for this new thing.

"Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for
Faithfulness is what I need.
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what You want from me."


UPDATE:
This has nothing to do with age but more of ability and confidence. I am sure there are plenty of cliches that can be thrown at me like, "I can do all things..." but that doesn't help me right now.

What I am saying is "Man, I am tired." I know He is able but I am tired.

No comments: