27 July 2006

Blogs and broomsticks...

I was talking to some people who thought it would be great if we could hire someone who could just sit and type what is going on at camp throughout the day, so that people would know what is going on up here.

I thought about it for a few days and at first I thought it was a good idea but I am sure that after the first few days of this she would begin putting in her own editorial comments and by week 6 she will be a bit sarcastic and cynical and people would start emailing and calling me and asking me what is going on with the blog girl and why is she saying those nasty things about the campers and people from Merced and the corndogs and fruit punch and then they would tell me it must be indicative of my leadership and theology and then they would call the presbytery and the board who will form a new committee, if they can find enough people who will show up for a quorum, to monitor the blog and come up periodically to do surveys and urine tests...

I think we will rely on the campers' postcards for now...

(clarificational statement: I hope that the people on presbytery or the board will not take that last line personally, for it does not reflect my love and admiration to people who volunteers their time and talents to this camp and staff! Much of what I say is to get people to laugh, think, cry, or purchase hair product...)

8 comments:

one of many said...

i think that they are now called commisions, not committees anymore, i got schooled in the terminology during family camp

Unknown said...

I think that was a funny post.

John H. Watson said...

I'd like to ask this blog girl what her problem with Merced is . . .

on the Rock said...

I like Bill's postcards idea... and I also like the webcam idea he mentioned once ages ago. Everybody now... "web-cam, web-cam, web-cam, web-cam, web-cam..."

Crotty said...

Tony,

Where is your sense of adventure?

TonyB said...

My sense of adventure seems to be locked up in committee, err commission...

Eric said...

Who says it has to be a blog girl, blog guys can be just as jaded and cynical!

Matt Kirkland said...

Can I write the blog? I seem to be fairly cynical and jaded lately...