05 July 2006

A surprise that revives the soul...


I ran into James Orr, an alumni staff person from a few years back, down in A Week in the Forest. a camp for people with developmental disabilities. James is taking a week of his summer to be a counselor for these wonderful people. It is a week that is hard on the body but great for the soul.

It was refreshing for me to see him and regain a friendship. I appreciated and admire his heart.

(I am the one who doesn't have "James" pinned to his shirt.)

2 comments:

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James said...

Thanks, Tony, I really appreciate that. The sense is definitely mutual. The week was amazinly rewarding. I learned glenn's touch by heart. I know what his grip is supposed to feel like, and I knew when it wasn't right. I think that's part of God's gift to us and a piece of his presence.