08 July 2006

A tradition...

Yesterday was an interesting day. Very camp.

Arranged to have a staff member drive a camper home in Bakersfield. We do not offer this service very often. only if there is a critical concern for safety... and there was. But we couldn't find a vehicle that was road worthy because all of those where out with OutPost who got to eat at Jones' Store. We rented from Hertz.

Found out Thursday night high school campers unhooked the boats and threw the pool furniture into the pool (which I guess is where we get the name Pool Furniture!) Which reminds me of a joke:
Q: What's Irish and sits outside in the summertime?
A: Paddy O'Furniture!

Ok I am sorry, I will return to the blog.
I don't like pranks. Not only because they waste and destroy furniture, buildings, self-esteem, good pies, shaving cream, BUT mostly because they are not very creative.

Needed to talk to a pastor friend, who was concerned about what he was hearing about his Youth pastor. I don't want to go into details because too many youth pastors will think I am talking about them.

There was a fight that attempted to breakout over a girl, but the only damage done was when one of the guys (the jealous one) hit a folding chair instead of the guy. He made a good decision to channel that anger into the chair and not into this guy's face.

We spent the night until 2:30am, this morning, catching high school students plotting to carry on a tradition of ringing the bell at 2:00am on the last night of camp. It was a tradition carried on throughout the ages. I prefer the tradition of praying for someone who wants to commit their life to Jesus and the work of the Kingdom on Friday nights. We had the bell surrounded with about 12 staff people, I in my Mitsubishi Montero. And when about 10 boys came walking up to do the deed, we squirted them with water and I pursued after them in my SUV with brights and fog light blazing, as they took off running. I followed one kid running at full speed up the East View trail. I clocked him at about 18mph but I was going about 45mph! (I probably would have fired anyone doing what I was doing!!)

He finally gave up and stopped. We rounded up most of the young hooligans and told them to come to the dining hall at 6:00am this morning to help Accommo clean up the grounds. I was the only one who showed up except for two girls who were caught waiting for two guys for a prearranged MacOut time. Guys never showed. LOSERS!!!

This may be the new tradition...

1 comment:

Al Sandalow said...

Maybe they should have staged a plane crash.