02 December 2006

Tonight...

I am sitting in a Best Western Motel in Turlock, California, reading emails from friends like Lara and Ginger and commenting on friend's blog, catching cat naps, and eating delivery pizza. Today I helped deliver my friends, Lyndsay and Cory PiƱa to their new home in Ripon, California just about 10 minutes north of Modesto. They left Calvin Crest for a new adventure, a great house, maybe some kids, a place for Kitty ∏, and more. I already miss them.

This has been an incredible couple of weeks and this week tied it all together. Calvin Crest is selecting a new executive director and we chose one. I won't tell you his name until he tells his company that he is no longer working for them. Maybe next week. What's in a name. We gotta a guy.

Wednesday night we had a dinner and interview for him with people from the Committee on Ministry (a committee of the San Joaquin Presbytery), the CC Board, and the supervisors of the camp. We sat around, ate some of Marc Neff's great braised short ribs, garlic mash potatoes, and other great stuff, and interview the man. We prayed and discussed the future of Calvin Crest for about an hour after the interview. It was great to be sitting with these three groups and pray for the ministry. First time in a long time.

Relationships are reforming. Some people cannot understand why we are trying to rebuild relationship. Which has been the problem in the past. I could feel a fresh breeze blowing in over the camp and heard The Voice tell me to first, "Loosen my grip." Then, "Let go. It is not your camp. It is Mine." Instead of bringing fear, I felt peace for the first time in many years. I don't know what tomorrow brings, except a Mission Faire at First Presbyterian Church of Turlock, but I am at peace...

Someone is yelling profanity in the parking lot outside my window...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the tag to that post was perfect. I am glad for the breeze.