09 December 2003

I love reading blogs...

I don't get a newspaper anymore. I will pick up the Sierra Star, the local newspaper, to see if I made the headlines or at least the citizen of the week or maybe on the police blotter.

I read my friends blogs: Rudy at Urban Onramp and Cleave's over at PoMoMusings. There is Juana's and Margaret Cho's, Youth Specialties', and billions of others. I read them when I wake up and before going to bed. New friends meeting, like they do at The Daily Grind Coffee Shop in town, around a virtual table and discussing the daily stuff of life and faith. Discussion begin, differing ideas, bantered around - I can add my two cents without being interrupted.

They post great pictures from their trips and families. I see pictures of worship services and artwork. Cleverness is abounding on blogs. I read this from the TallSkinnyKiwi blog and thought I would post it on mine (because I can).

backstage
by andrew jones

it
appears
backstage
the kingdom of God
an entrance
unpromoted
without applause
in genres unused
in fonts never bold
in places hidden
corners

it
appears
backstage
eluding those
who scramble for the prized
who lust after the spectacluar
who never find themselves
backstage

the presence of God appears
among poor people
seekers
who are learning where to look


Thanks Rudy for introducing me to some great people.

No comments: