04 December 2003

a response to Andrew...

My friend,

To be invested means that my work into Calvin Crest, a camp owned by the Presbytery of the San Joaquin, will yield the fruit of the Spirit as I am obedient to Him. I am not ordained, which has put me in the cheap seats in many meetings, but I am a pastor to those God has given me. Which means I feel the weight of responsibility for each one that is called to Calvin Crest during my watch. I am going to be asked at the time of Judgement, "Tony, what did you do with Billy Ray Bob, who I gave you for 10 weeks in 1997?" My investment is in the time and love that I gave to Billy Ray Bob and hundreds of others that today are producing the fruit in the areas they are called. Some are ordains, some are leaders, some are just plain good neighbors, brothers, sisters, moms, and dads.

The PCUSA is only the landowner, but Christ is the Lord of the manor. I am obedient to Him. The PCUSA can screw a lot up by not making Him Lord, I have no voice into the institution, only the ears of those He has given me for the time allocated.

I hope that makes sense.

The reason for the blog is to try to speak to others in camping, who are willing to discuss the place we have been called, to whom comes to that place, with the message we are to give. You are the second one to join in on the conversation.

I love this conversation, it keeps my soul fresh. However, my body is getting tired. I hope others will direct my attention to their conversations as well.



His,
Tony

No comments: