23 September 2005

Hey, what happened to the comments...

I met with Cory Piña this morning for coffee and asked him about comments and nameless comments and the despair they can cause. Comments can be made in the passion of the moment and a lot of pain can be thoughtlessly executed by a quick reaction. I was going to go for a 5 day waiting period but I don't believe that comments kill people, people kill people...

So therefore, I changed to a commenting system where people have to sign into blogger and are there for the conversation around the dinner table rather than in the closet.

When you speak without a name you have no voice and no place at the grown-up's table.

4 comments:

Dakota House said...

Good move. The reason for anonymous comments is...um, wait...I know this one...give me a minute...yeah. I can't remember. But I know it's not GOOD or PURE or other stuff like that.

TonyB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Jamie, the reason anonymous posts is so that she or he can lash out indiscriminately and unjustly. She or he does it because they feel truly loved and supported.

Crotty said...

It is awesome that someone actually went to the trouble of creating a blog under the "anonymous" name jus to leave anonymous comments. Just awesome.

Unfortunately, not knowing who you are, your heart, means that I have no ability to put any sort of tone to what you say, which will make it hard to understand your written words.

None-the-less, kudos for working around the system. Just awesome.