30 April 2007

Blood and flesh...

The final piece to the Revolution is about commitment to the Body instead of only being consumers of other's endeavors. Much of what we seem to discuss as believers is worship and how it affects us. We need to spend some time talking and thinking about what we do to affect the lives and worship of others. What do we commit ourselves to within and outside the Body. Do we put the kind of "love through thick or thin" that affects the life within the Body. Or do we only consume until we are bored, tired, unimpressed, unentertained... and then move on to new troughs of worship?

Communion invites us into the relationship between Jesus and the work of the Kingdom in the world. It binds us, creates in us, and empowers us to do that which Jesus is doing in Heaven. It invites us to be partakers and comrades in what the Kingdom is about here on Earth. It calls us into our neighborhoods, classrooms, local, state, and federal governments, relief work as well as quality work here in our jobs and studies. It should affect our designers and architects, teachers and garbagemen, policemen and landscapers all bringing the work of the blood and flesh of the Savior to this planet. After a Sunday of partaking in the Eucharist, there should be the manifestation of the blood and flesh in our work, talk, and thoughts. The catholics have it right... the wine and bread do become the blood and flesh of Christ. Us! We are His body! We are not just the Body of believers, we are His body! What is it accomplishing via heaven today?

He set us into the garden to do the work of His Kingdom not ours. Not what pleases us, but what brings glory and honor to Him. We need to become stewards of this work, not owners, for one day the owner will return and ask us what did we do with the children, the forest, the ocean, the air,...

4 comments:

Deadmanshonda said...

Wow!New look to the blog! I hardly recognized it...did you do the drawing?Fabulous.

Bill Ekhardt said...

I like the new design, too, Tony. Very nice.

Erin said...

I am so critical and reading your post makes me want to love better and more. I think your great new design also inspires me. Hmmm, where else have I seen that design lately?

TonyB said...

The design is a push button design, so it really isn't a design but a default with options. Thanks for noticing, but I was just surfing the options and I thought I would try something different, so I pushed a different button. I always wanted to be like you Erin when I grew up... T