27 July 2007

The Anonymous issue...

This guy or woman did not bother me and let me tell you why.

I have been asking myself those same questions as well as a few other people. I was not trying to be gracious I was trying to articulate my heart and thinking.

My reputation is now in the hands and heart of God, instead over the past few years it has been in the mouth of fools and it has caused me much pain. People who worked with me but never clearly asked if these things were true but continued the spewage really have hurt the worse.

I don't really care if they don't leave their name. I am glad they are asking the question. I would rather have the conversation with a non de plume and deal with their insecurities than with someone I trusted to never talk to me at all. I got rid of the security code on the comments because I really want the conversation.

I have appreciated the friendship with you all and the honesty with which you speak to me regarding the things I am thinking (writing) about. I love the conversation. I hope I provoke some thoughts and some new ideas to which the Kingdom of God would greatly be served. I am not about mental masturbation, I hope what would come out of these conversations would be more love, more power, and more of us in the life of Jesus.

There are many dying each day because of something that can be bought, thought, or created. We can do some amazing things for people who do not have the opportunity because of governmental and institutional corruption and oppression. I want to continue to think out loud with you and hope that you would think outside the box and out loud with me and then one day soon we will do something together again to make a difference in the lives of people who would love to meet you and me because we have come to set them free.

I hope that I am thought of more than just a camp guy who is giving the news of Calvin Crest. I cherish my place here and am thankful for the many people I know because of this place, but there is more to do than just remember what we once did here. Hopefully what we learned and did here will make a difference out there or it would have been for our own gluttony that we were privileged to be called for a season to be together and that would break my heart worse than these fools over the past few years...

1 comment:

Bill Ekhardt said...

Tony, it was not my desire to assert my policies on your blog and I am glad for you to interact with anonymous comments however you like. I echo Micah's (not-Watson) desire that Anonymous and you would have the opportunity to reconcile whatever differences are between you.

I have been trying to clarify in my mind what exactly I oppose in anonymous speech. I find nothing wrong with anonymous suggestions, questions, or dialog by and large.

It is specifically accusation or criticism that I find fault with (public all the more so). Such statements are often hurtful, and if public, they can challenge our reputation/image/credibility. If we have a criticism or accusation that we do not want to have associated with our name, we likely do not have grounds to share it.