02 July 2005

A decision...

Many things are starting to get to me and the lack of authenticity of the actualization of the power, grace, mercy, will, and presence of the Spirit is at the top of my "let's not go over their house anymore" list. When the Organization (my new term for the church without power but plenty of committees) is about perservation of their power and authority instead of the release of actual ministry.

I have also decided not to worry about that which I cannot change. The serenity prayer is a good one even if one is not inflicted with "the disease."

I have decided to spend more time in solitude and quiet than in meetings and trying to get people to change. I had lunch with Sheri Wiedenhoefer yesterday and she told me the old way of confrontation of ideas is not the way to bring about change. She talked about making friends with people who want and are open to change. We were talking about immigration but I think this approach is a great way to live in total.

Gotta go, we are skinning a snake...

No comments: