18 July 2005

I am not very postmodern...

In the previous post, there were some kind words said for which I am thankful and some comments that I didn't enjoy. I felt the direction of the final few were were off the path. It caused me to quit wanting to blog and then I remembered a friend once told me... "this is your blog you can do what you want. Erase them..."

I did.

As one eloquently put it, "...If that was the case, I will relegate myself to the back row and just listen to the lecture from now on."

My response... in my theatre you may sit in the back row, but feel free to open a theatre next door for your show.

I am not interested in the conversation that is mad at me or antithetical to my beliefs. Those can be done on your own blog and if I wish to read them I will read them ON YOUR BLOG. I felt attacked by some of the words that were used and decided that I did not want to read on my blog things that were against me or my ideals. I am all for freedom of the conversation, but I view this blog as my opinion, as small and insignificant as it may be, and a place I can get out on "paper" my thoughts. I enjoy people's contrasting opinion and choose to read them from another's blog occasionally. I just don't want my blog to be a place that you feel you have the freedom to tie up a whole lot of bandwidth with your opinion against me or my thoughts.

I do enjoy the conversation that corrects, sharpens, broadens the theme, but not the attack. I vowed a year ago that I would not attack another person's opinion on their blog but would write an email if I felt the relationship was stable enough for that. I was deeply sorry for a loss of a friendship because I had written a public attack.

I will continue to delete any comments that attack me or anyone else and, in my opinion, is offensive. I am grateful that anyone cares what I think and is willing to read it and engage in a brief conversation.

I know this may cause a new group of people to be against me but hopefully I have given you something to blog about...

No comments: