21 July 2005

Watching...

This morning at 4:30ish there was a roll of thunder and the flash of lightening and then a light sprinkle began. The occurrence lasted just a brief moment. Even though it was humid it cleared the air nicely. I got up and walked around because we had some young campers sleeping outside that I was wondering if Lily and her team needed help. They had everyone moving into an available cabin and within a few minutes all were back to sleep. I am very impressed with Lily and her team.

I continued walking around watching the sky. It is my favorite thing to do in any storm type situation. I love watching the cells develop, rain approaching, sky breaking through, etc. I am a big fan of the sky. Whether clouds on a sunny day, stars at night, rain storms developing, whatever. It is fascinating to watch the sky to see what is developing.

I first start noticing a change in the wind, a slight breeze or the new direction. I like being aware of the wind. I am fascinated by the whole idea of wind. In this area we don't get a lot of wind. One of my favorite sounds is the wind moving through the trees. I can't describe the sound but it has the feeling of the breath of a loved one. You have to listen for it. Feel it. It has a delightful smell as well as an added dimension to sight. It seems almost like it is a fourth dimension.

Which makes me think of the Fifth Dimensions who sang "Up, Up and Away" in the Sixties.

I can make this spiritual sounding because it makes me think of the Holy Spirit, but I would like to just think about the sky, wind, rain, thunder, lightening, smells, sounds, only as those things in and of themselves...

No comments: