07 July 2005

Meetings...

Today I went to many meetings. A supervisors meeting. A counselor meeting. A meeting with a person who is with FCA and up here as a counselor. I taught from Matthew 4 at a meeting with 250 people. I had a meeting with my friend and pastor Rick Irish. A meeting for clarification on some rumors I heard. A meeting for redefinition of job responsibility and a clarification of expectations. A meeting with two friends under a big oak tree. A weekly meeting that changed my life.

I am suppose to be mentoring this man, but his heart and soul is mentoring me. Michael continues to open my heart to a meekness and perspective that I feel like I am meeting with Christ. I like the way he is living his life and today I hope that the rest of my life would look more like his. It is his virtue. He does the right thing.

God has brought a few men and women in my life with the same heart. These people after I hung out with them I felt like they didn't suck me dry but left me in better shape than how they found me.

I hope you know who you are. You have taught me to do the right thing. Buy fair trade coffee. Read good books that I never thought I could. You gave me gifts because you knew it would affect my DNA. You taught me to use my position to do the right thing with people who were powerless to do anything. You took me with you in a truck to town and it wasn't about what we bought but the conversation in the truck. You moved into a cabin to stay with tough campers when it was not your job and you still did your job. You ask questions that demanded Jesus' answer and not just something I could throw out there to satisfy you. You demanded me to think from my spirit not my head. You followed me out the door when I was acting restless and goofy. I like meeting with you. Thank you for being a gift from God.

You know who you are...

No comments: