13 September 2006

I am in a bad mood... UPDATED

Why do we feel that christian organizations must proclaim the gospel in order to be a christian organization. My dad was in St. Agnes Hospital and they gave him incredible care yet not one of the surgeons, anesthesiologist, nurses, orderlies, etc stopped during the procedure to wake him up and ask him if he died tonight would he know where he would spend eternity.

Why doesn't christian music talk about having sex with your wife or sitting at a dinner table with family? And how come Bible Study Fellowship never studied Songs of Solomon?

A christian dating service?

Shouldn't christian bookstores give away the Bible for free?

Where in the Bible does "christian" become an adjective instead of a noun?

How come christian statues are naked but not the organist?

Why is ordination an academic test and not a spiritual test? And if they flunk an ordination exam why can they take it again? Maybe it is a sign that they are a witch and they should be burned at the stake.

WWJDIHWOAC *

Why don't we celebrate the Lord's Supper by sitting down and eating supper together?

What is the next christian fad?





* What would Jesus do if He was on a committee

8 comments:

Geoff said...

I can finally post on your blog now. Does this mean I have 1 of my own? That remains to be seen. I love you very much. But the naked organist? Go dogers/mariners!

The JadedCM said...

I agree with everything you just said. Tony, we need more people who think like you!

Ken

Deadmanshonda said...

I burst out laughing in my tomb-like building at the "why are the statues naked but the organist isn't?"ha ha ha...great.

TonyB said...

Leave it to Cosby to find a musician, Don Chaffer, who sings about intimate relations with his wife.

TonyB said...

I slightly receive your flagellation. (That is the first time I ever type flagellation - it is a fun word to type.)

Tyler said...

It's also fun to have discussions about flagellation in public. People give you a lot of weird looks, mostly wrinking their noses. It also works with talking about farding.

josh said...

i feel like i sit down for the lords supper quite a bit and i wish more people recongnized it. thanks for writing that.

Unknown said...

I love Christ, but I am not a christian.