16 October 2006

Good music...

Every once in a while someone comes out with an album that is very unique and impressive. Sting's new album, Songs from the Labyrinth, is one. I know it isn't Rod Stewart doing some of the oldies, well maybe it is because it is music from 16th century composer John Dowland, one of the first singer/songwriter. Sting, along with Edin Karamazov, play the lute and sings some incredible lute-song melodies. Check it out. Interestingly, it came out on the Deutsche Grammophon label.

It is soothing, I need soothing...

3 comments:

Cory Piña said...

Honestly, when I read "Labyrinth" all I could think of was David Bowie in tights and long hair, hanging out with Muppets.

Zellman said...

I heard some of his lute playing on Studio 60 and really liked it, I may have to invest in that album.

ayman gaber said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالطائف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بحائل
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالطائف