19 October 2006

Incredible...

I just got back from a Jonny Lang concert in Fresno. It was very good. Very good. I thought I would be the oldest guy there, but there were mostly people my age. Blues brings out the older ex-hippies. There were people that I use to see when i was going to BB King, Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, and many other concerts during the 70's. Haven't been to too many since. Don't care too much for crowds. I should go more. I do go to operas and stage shows with Christel. But this was great blues.

Jonny Lang is about 25, been playing professionally since he was 14. He is very good. He is also living a life of faith and his new songs reflect this journey. A great article in Christianity Today here.

The ticket was a gift from my good friend, Dan Kimball. Thank you my friend for a night I will remember for a long time. Incredible...

1 comment:

James said...

I've never actually heard him, but I bet that was a great concert. Tony, have you heard Susan Tedeschi at all? I bet you'd love her. She's a lot like Etta James, but individual enough to give me a big liver shiver.

This music always grabs me, and I can't figure it out. I'm in the wrong generation and the wrong region for it. Maybe it just proves our boundaries don't exist as much as we think.